When it comes to reaching peak performance, emotional intelligence is key.
Research shows that emotional intelligence is more important to performance than ability and technical skill combined. Why do smart people fail? Why do technically brilliant individuals have trouble managing others and collaborating on a team? It is not because they lack intelligence or technical skills.What they lack is a critical level of Emotional Intelligence (EI) and the ability to manage their own emotions and others’ when they are under pressure.
Leadership and Emotional Intelligence
Whether you are a formal manager or want to increase your individual performance (or both), this program will teach you the foundational principles and brain science of Emotional Intelligence (EI).
Focusing on managing your emotions under pressure, this program will enable you to increase your personal leadership by learning how to manage your emotional brain in your most difficult moments. This will allow you to influence and engage others, and connect with them in a more meaningful way.
In this program, you will:
- Learn the brain science of emotions that drives your behavior under pressure
- Increase your awareness of the situations that put you at risk of having your emotions lead to unskillful behavior and poor decisions
- Have the option to utilize our state-of-the-art EI360 feedback assessmentto increase self-awareness of the 11 key EI competencies that drive your success
- Learn practical strategies to help you respond more skillfully as pressure, tension and complexity increase
- Identify patterns, triggers and emotional habits that either drive or derail your performance
- Learn to suspend judgment – become ‘more curious and less certain’ – to effectively engage and influence others
- Understand how to be an effective coach and help others develop the skills to perform under pressure
- Practice techniques through interactive exercises and develop an action plan to put those strategies into practice